For this, the 2nd collection of the Super, Simple, we’re stepping up the effort factor a notch. Still simple, still practical, requires only a tad more thought and self-conditioning.
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 3 700 litres a month.
- Don’t use running water to thaw food. Defrost food in the refrigerator for water efficiency and food safety.
- If your shower fills a 5 litre bucket in less than 30 seconds, replace the shower head with a water-efficient model.
- Put food colouring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the toilet bowl without flushing, you have a leak. Fixing it can save up to 3 700 litres a month.
- When cleaning out fish tanks, give the nutrient-rich water to your plants.
- Plant in the autumn when conditions are cooler and rainfall is more plentiful.
- Use a broom instead of a hosepipe to clean your driveway and sidewalk and save water every time.
- We’re more likely to notice leaks indoors, but don’t forget to check outdoor taps, sprinklers and hoses for leaks.
- Group plants with the same watering needs together to avoid over watering some while under-watering others.
Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/aquaid/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3083