Friday 16 August is #NationalTellAJokeDay. It might only be applicable in the US or in hashtag land, but we’re always up for a good laugh – as Milton Berle said ‘laughter is an instant vacation’ – so we jumped at the chance to have our own little chuckle around the water cooler.
Here are a few of our favourite water-inspired playground-pleasers:
- Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool.
– I gave him a glass of water.
- Why does water never laugh at jokes?
– It isn’t a fan of dry humour.
- Why did the lake date the river?
– He heard that she had a bubbly personality.
- Where can you find an ocean with no water?
– On a map.
- What did the ocean say to the beach?
– Nothing, it just waved!
- What do you call it when you get a month’s worth of rain at once?
And then one of our personal favourites – and perfect for a Friday:
“Dear Friday, I’m so glad we are back together. I’m sorry you had to see me with Monday-Thursday, but I swear I was thinking of you the WHOLE time.”
We bet everyone will enjoy that last one, so why don’t you make it your mission to bring a smile to everyone’s face today – print it out and put it up near the water cooler so that every time someone passes by for a drink, they can have a little giggle. After all – it is FRIDAY!