Various campaigns and studies to do with schools and drinking water conducted over the last decade or so have produced a mixed bag of results.
One thing is clear though – a hydrated child is a much happier child for a number of reasons. This fact, combined with you, as the parents, leading by example and the schools ensuring that drinking water is readily available makes for a holistic approach to hydration. Here are a few examples of why:
It boosts learning
- The key to boosting the capacity to learn is to keep well hydrated throughout the day.
- When we are thirsty, mental performance including memory, attention and concentration can decrease by about 10 per cent. Pupils concentrate better because they are not distracted by the effects of dehydration such as thirst, tiredness and irritability.
- Children will achieve more when both their health and learning needs are met. Ensuring free access to water and promoting a regular water intake throughout the school day is a vital role for schools in promoting health and providing a healthy learning environment.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water regularly throughout the day can protect health and contribute to well-being.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can help prevent a range of short and long-term health problems from headaches, bladder, kidney and bowel problems to cancer.
- Water has none of the health problems associated with drinks containing sugar, additives, sweeteners, acids or caffeine.
- By keeping yourself hydrated, you teach your children good drinking habits. Good for them, good for you.
- By checking that your children’s school has toilets that you would use and that there are sufficient drinking points (not only in the toilets), you’re working your way towards ensuring that your children can easily hydrate.
And for the school?
- As children spend the majority of their day at school, it is very important that the school provides fresh drinking water.
- Various studies have shown that schools that lead by example and encourage their children to keep hydrated show a marked improvement in overall attention given as well as learning capabilities.
- A child who is not irritable because of dehydration means that teachers are able to better teach their pupils.
AquAid have, for many years, been involved in campaigns spearheading the importance of drinking water.
We know it is of vital importance.
To this end, we ensure that we have a wide selection of water coolers that are installed into schools, gyms and learning centres across the country. When we install a water cooler in a school, we have individual water bottles available to encourage the children to fill their water bottles throughout the day.
Our water coolers can either be mains fed for large schools where the water consumption is high, or for schools where there are no water mains close to a particular area, bottled water coolers can be installed and replaced on scheduled intervals. Online Casino HEX on Pinterest