As this is all about speed, we’re dispensing with the usual lengthy intros and diving straight in:
- If you’re on the move during the day, carry bottled water with you. If you’re more stationary during the working day, drink water upon waking up, well before your work commute. Drink water when you arrive at work and continue replenishing your water throughout the day.
- Install a bottlefed or mainsfed water dispenser. A watercooler at your premises is an efficient method guaranteeing a constant supply of chilled or ambient temperature or even hot (for your teas and coffees) drinking water.
- Hydrating Drinks other than H2O. Drinking herbal drinks or teas (as they don’t contain caffeine) is a great alternative to water. As is water infused with fruit. A few tasty combinations are mint and cucumber, lemon and raspberries (tart and refreshing!) or orange and strawberry.
- Water rich food. Prepping water rich snacks or meals for your day is easy, quick and packs a hydrating healthy benefit. Think berries, stone fruits and melons and/or lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and many leafy greens. They also all contain other nutrients vital to your well-being.
- Perspiration is an ally – use it. Unlike with cooler weather, when it’s hot, it’s easier to see when you’re perspiring/sweating. Perspiration is one of your body’s direct methods signalling that you need to replace the water you’re losing. Even if you’re not that active, it’s easy to dehydrate. Make sure to drink water regularly every day and even more so when you perspire.
- Tag family, friends, and workmates. Wherever you are – home, remote work, workplace – set-up a buddy water alarm clock with whoever is in plain sight. Check regularly to make sure they’re drinking the water they poured. Repeat at regular intervals.